Givi Tank Ring for 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6

When the insurance company wrote off my R1, I managed to keep my Kappa Tanklock tank bag, but the tank ring that was attached to the bike went to auction with the bike. Too easy, the tank rings aren't expensive...
...except Givi don't list a ring for the 2005 R6.

Application chart for Yamaha motorcycles

I did some digging and ordered the BF05 tank ring. Given that my R6 uses a fairly standard (for Yamaha) 5 bolt tank filler assembly I was confident it would fit. Turns out it does. It would probably fit all modern Yamahas with a 5 bolt filler assembly.

 
BF05 tank ring fitted to my 2005 R6

EDIT: I thought I should mention that the ring assembly consists of two parts, the universal plastic ZT480F ring that comes with every Givi or Kappa Tanklock bag, and the bike specific metal BF series ring (BF05 in this case), these parts are sold separately. In my case, both the ZT480F and BF05 were lost when the crashed bike went to auction, this would be the same if you owned a second bike you wanted a ring mount for.

No comments:

Post a Comment