2011 Triumph Speed Triple

A mate of mine is bike shopping. I went to the local Honda dealer to take a CB1000R for a test and give him my thoughts, but no test bike meant no test, and no test means no sale.

Instead, I took the Z1000 and Speed Triple for a spin and the jury has definitely voted the Triumph the winner there. There might be a $1,300 premium, but the Triple is well worth it. Don't get me wrong, the Kawasaki is a nice bike but it would be more suited to sensible commute or long distance hauls than around town hooliganism and mountain scratching. Coming off the 2010 R1, the triumph had a light, sporty feel while the Kawasaki felt more sensible than the FZ1 I used to own.

In any case, the big news is the long weekend, and the dealer offered me the Triple for the weekend, due back Tuesday. What moron would turn down that kind of offer?!?!



No comments:

Post a Comment